At ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, students in Fashion Design can study at the bachelor and master level at the Academy of Art & Design in Arnhem. The Fashion department was set up in 1953 and it has had a very good reputation ever since, both at home and abroad.
Students and alumni from Arnhem are regularly among the winners of the much-coveted Dutch and international fashion awards. In 2011 the Grand Seigneur – the main oeuvre award in the fashion sector – was awarded to the ArtEZ Fashion Design department. For the first time, an educational institute won this prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.
The art & design academy is an important partner in Arnhem’s activities as Fashion City. The bachelor programme in Fashion Design is housed in the Rietveld building on the Rhine River; the two Fashion Masters are housed in a beautiful location in the inner city of Arnhem that includes workspaces and exhibition spaces.
- 18 April 2013Call for Applications Fashion Masters
- 05 December 2012Fashion awards for Mattijs and Spijkers & Spijkers
- 12 July 2012Peet Dullaert winner of Frans Molenaar Couture Award
- 09 July 2012First year students Master Fashion Design at SPRMRKT
- 09 July 2012ArtEZ Fashion Masters at Van Ravenstein during Amsterdam Fashion Week